Monday, December 26, 2005

New Year's Revolution - 2005

Everyone has their Year in Review so here is mine:

Big Events
- Summer visit from my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law. Lots of fun, laughter and tears, unfortunately.
- Annika switching preschools and learning to make "new best friends"
- Annika's first ballet recital on June 6, 2005
- My sister moving to Florida to join her new husband in Jan.
- Using "the girls' dance practice" as an excuse to hang out with our new local friends every Friday
- Celebrations at new temple and developing a sense of community for the first time.
- Thanksgiving in Florida
- Christmas in New Jersey
- Basement Remodelling 10/2005 - ???

Vacations
- Florida: Boca Raton, Miami & Ft Lauderdale with my sister and brother-in-law
- Boston: visiting and reuniting with old family friends
- Atlantic City: Just chilling

Births
- Ira K.
- Shukan J.
- Zubair H.
- Siddharth P.
- Saira O.
- Andrew E.

Deaths
- Peter Jennings: my first crush - charm, intelligence, an accent (what more could a 12 yr old want)
- Amrish Puri : notable and respected Indian actor
- Ishmail Merchant : where would Helena Bonham Carter be without this man? Truly brilliant and insightful filmmaker.
- Prince Rainier of Monaco : The prince who married a Philly girl.

Creative Acheivements
My blog!!
Connecting with old friends and making new ones! Thanks for checking my site out. I really appreciate it. (I find it incredibly fascinating to find out who is not reading my site, rather than who is.)

Auld Lang Whine
Every new year's eve, I always get a little misty. Not for the year that's gone by, but for what lies ahead. We all come together to start the year on a good note (umm..a hangover is a good note?)

I always find it incredibly exciting to think of all the possibilities that lie ahead (hence the emotion).

Lessons Learned
This year has been very trying for my family, but I think we will all grow stronger, smarter and more aware in 2006. I think one lesson has been not to take relationships with friends and family for granted. There were a lot of emotions stirred. The cream rose to the top, and others showed true colors and went under. All the better.

And, for the pessimists out there - when life hands you lemon, ask for the tequila and salt.



5 comments:

J.Doe said...

Hehhehheh. Guess I'm a pessimist then. Lemon tequila shots huh?
It sounds like 2005 was a busy time in your life. Lots of great memories. I hopw 2006 brings more.
Happy New Year.

MartiniShaker said...

Very well written..
As for this quote..
" There were a lot of emotions stirred. The cream rose to the top, and others showed true colors and went under. All the better."

I will leave you with this thought
"Life out of balance
Creates the churn
that makes the cream
that fuels your dreams"

So dream on stranger..

Anonymous said...

After spending so much time looking for car lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post. A

car lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on kentucky lemon law, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and

read your site. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any

new kentucky lemon law laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on the lemon law, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and

read your site. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any

new the lemon law laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.